We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. This privacy notice sets out how we will process personal data – whether you are a Taxi shack customer, applying to join our Company or browsing the website.
For the purpose of this notice, Taxi Shack Limited, is the data controller of the information you provide to us. There are many ways you can contact us, including by email and post. Our postal address: 158 Millbrook Road East, Freemantle, Southampton SO15 1JR. Our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Most of the personal information we process is provided directly by you for any of the following reasons:
- You have purchased a product directly from us
- You have purchased a product from one of our retailers and want to register your guarantee
- You have purchased a Taxi Shack Limited product that transmit data wirelessly
- You have purchased a product and contact us for advice or support
- You have contacted us for advice as you are interested in purchasing one of our products
- You subscribe to our eNewsletter, offers, competitions and/or product tips
- You want to be a product reviewer
We will only keep personal data for as long as is necessary and as required by law;
- For the duration that you have an account with us
- Until you update your preferences or opt-out to receiving marketing communications (eNewsletters, competitions and/or product tips) for which you previously provided consent
- For 6 years where you have purchased a product from us to facilitate your Guarantee and our obligations within the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Please note that if we have entered into a contractual relationship (e.g. a sales, service or employment contract) with you, we may store your personal data after the end of our contractual relationship as long as we have a legitimate interest for the processing including the duration of the statutory limitation periods.
- Until the time limit for any legal challenges to the supply of the goods or personal injury claim have expired For the duration of the time-specific contract for consumer insights, in-home testing or in-home research.
We will never sell your personal information. We will only share your personal data as outlined below;
- When it is necessary within the Taxishack Group for operational reasons such as the use of a group-wide logistic or IT infrastructure.
- We share your personal information with our carefully selected service providers who facilitate services to you on our behalf. We have contracts in place with these providers that stipulate they cannot do anything with your personal information without instruction from us and they will only receive the personal information necessary to fulfil their service via secure methods. Our service providers include;
- Logistics and Transport providers who deliver and collect products to and from your delivery/home address
- Customer Call Centre who provide support to our consumers regarding our products and services
- Payment Service Providers; Paypal and Stripe – to view their Privacy Notices visit; Paypal: https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full Stripe: https://stripe.com/gb/privacy.
- IT Service Providers who host and manage our systems, applications and data storage
- We will only share your personal information with other service providers where we have notified you regarding a change of purpose for using your personal data
- We share data with Google Analytics to provide insights on how we can improve the performance of our website and your consumer experience as described in the Cookie Notice.
- We may share your personal information with a law firm where we require legal services, such as a defence against a legal claim.
- We will share your personal information if required to do so by law enforcement authorities or regulatory bodies
- In the event of a sale of all or substantially all of our business or another similar transaction (such as a sale of a division or business unit), we may transfer or disclose your personal information to a purchaser or prospective purchaser, who may collect, use and disclose such information for the purposes of evaluating and/or effecting a proposed transaction or operating and managing the affairs of the acquired business, or for other purposes identified in the Policy.
Please note; our website contains links which will direct you to our service provider websites. Whilst we work closely with our service providers and have contractual arrangements in place with them, we are not responsible for maintaining their privacy notices or the cookies that they place on their sites. For further information regarding how we share your personal information, please email email@example.com
Taxishack will take every reasonable technical and organisational step to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorised access or alteration of your personal information. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. The information you submit via our website is encrypted and we store all electronic personal information on servers to the latest security standards. Whilst we can take every precaution to protect your personal information, it is important that you keep your passwords, account details and other user information secure and confidential. We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so. We will NEVER contact you and ask you to provide us with your password. Nor will we require it if you contact our customer services team by telephone, email or live chat.
There are several ways to set your preferences for receiving marketing communications depending on what you would like to receive, including no marketing communications at all. To provide consent and ‘opt-in’ to receive marketing communications;
- You can ask us to keep you updated with competitions and new products by entering your email address at the bottom of our homepage, under ‘Join our Mailing List’
- You can select the marketing communications you want to receive as you purchase a product from us
- You can select the marketing communications you want to receive when you register your Product and/or Guarantee
- You can select the marketing communications you want to receive when you join our Product Reviewer programme To update your preferences or ‘opt-out’ from receiving marketing communications;
- Contact our customer services via email or phone stating what communications you would like to receive or that you no longer want to receive any communications from us
- Log into your account and update your preferences
- Click ‘Manage Preferences’ or ‘Unsubscribe’ on the marketing communication email that you received
- Submit a Data Subject Request and select ‘Unsubscribe’. The online form can be accessed here For further information regarding consent and managing marketing preferences, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals. They regulate Data Protection in the UK and have some excellent materials explaining the rights you have regarding your personal data. Visit their website here; https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/ You have the following rights;
- Right of access – to ask for copies of your personal information.
- Right to rectification – to ask for information to be rectified if you think it is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask for information to be completed if you think it is incomplete.
- Right to erasure – to ask for your personal information to be deleted (although it may not always be possible to complete this request as we are required to keep personal information for different reasons).
- Right to restriction of processing – to ask for the processing of your information to be restricted if you are concerned about the accuracy or how it is being used.
- Right to object to processing – to object on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of your personal data based on Article 6 (1) (f) of the EU GDPR, if you do not agree with the purpose and lawful basis for processing in particular, you have the right to object to processing of your personal information for direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated decision making – to object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
- Right to Data Portability – to ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party. We will provide to you, or the third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Right of withdrawal – for any consent given to us (e.g. in connection with marketing information by e-mail) you can withdraw such consent at any time with effect for the future. In each of our email communications, we usually provide you with a corresponding link to manage your preferences or unsubscribe. You can also contact us in any other way, e.g. by sending us a message by post or email via one of the contact channels mentioned at the start of this privacy notice.
- Right to complain – In the event that you feel the processing of personal data by Taxishack relating to you infringes the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to complain to the Supervisory Authority in accordance with Article 77 of the EU GDPR. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office and their contact details can be found on their website; https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ To submit a Data Subject Request as outlined above, click here or email email@example.com outlining the reason for your request. We may require you to provide some further information to confirm your identity such as your full name, order or account number and/or billing or delivery address. We will then endeavour to complete your request within one calendar month from confirming your identity but will keep you informed should we require a little more time.