Terms and Policies
- This website is operated by Taxi Shack Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 11976859 and have our registered office and main trading address at 158 Millbrook Road East, Southampton SO15 1JR. Our VAT number is 322 6852 08.
- To contact us, telephone our customer service line on 0238 0719 200.
- If you purchase goods from our site our Terms and Conditions of Sale of our products [below] will apply to the sale.
- Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
- You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website;
- modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text; or
- redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution (such as our newsletter).
- You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- You must not use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
- You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact 0238 0719 222.
- The advertising of products on our website constitutes an “invitation to treat” – not a contractual offer.
- We endeavour to ensure that prices and any applicable discounts or other offers are stated accurately on our website. Occasionally errors may arise and we reserve the right in such circumstances to refuse any order for a Product where the purchase has been based upon an incorrectly stated price or assumes a discount or other offer which has expired at the time of the making of the order.
- The purchase of products via our website will be subject to our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- We will ask you to agree to our terms of sale each time you purchase a product or products via our website.
- You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your reviews in any existing or future media. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
- Your reviews must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case under any applicable law and in any jurisdiction).
- Your reviews (and their publication on our website) must not:
- be libellous or maliciously false;
- be obscene or indecent;
- infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
- infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy, or right under data protection legislation;
- constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
- constitute an incitement to commit a crime;
- be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- be blasphemous;
- be in breach of official secrets legislation;
- be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
- depict violence in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner;
- be pornographic or sexually explicit;
- be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading;
- consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage;
- constitute spam;
- be offensive, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, or menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; or
- cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person.
- Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date.
- The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
- Where our website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and Conditions of Sale [below].
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our website.
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- send you one or more formal warnings;
- temporarily suspend your access to the website;
- permanently prohibit you from accessing the website;
- block computers using your IP address from accessing the website;
- contact your internet services provider and request that they block your access to the website;
- bring court proceedings against you for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or
- suspend and/or delete your account with the website.
- We own and use various trade marks registered by or licensed to this company. You are not permitted to use them without our written approval.
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. The only language in which we provide these terms is English.
- Who we are. We are Taxi Shack Limited a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 11976859 and our registered office is at 158 Millbrook Road East, Southampton SO15 1JR. Our registered VAT number is 322 6852 08.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 0238 0719 200 or by writing to us at Taxi Shack Ltd, 158 Millbrook Road East, Southampton SO15 1JR.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
- How we will accept your order. In order to enter into a contract to purchase products from us, you will need to take the following steps: (i) you must add the products you wish to purchase to your shopping basket/cart, and then proceed to the checkout; (ii) you may check out as a guest or create a new account; if you are an existing customer, you must enter your login details; if you create a new account, you must log in to your new account; (iii) once you are logged in, or if you check out as a guest, you must then select your preferred method of delivery and confirm your order and your agreement to these terms of sale; if you check out as a guest, you will also need to enter your delivery address and email address; (iv) you will be transferred to PayPal or Stripe which will handle your payment on the checkout page; (v) we will then send you by email an initial acknowledgement that we have received the order; and (vi) once we have checked whether we are able to meet your order, we will either send you an order confirmation or we will confirm by email that we are unable to meet your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you the order confirmation, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- Input errors. Before you place your order, you will have the opportunity of identifying whether you have made any input errors by checking the final summary prior to payment. You may correct those input errors before placing your order by changing/removing them in/from your basket/cart.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you for the product. For example, this might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, or because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product.
- Your order numbers. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- We only sell to under these terms and conditions within Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Our website is solely for the promotion of our products within these territories.
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images.
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website.
- If for any reason you have delayed placing your order following your review of our products on-line please bear in mind that we do reserve the right to make variations to our product specifications and you may wish to check again the specification and other details of the product (including the price we charge for the product and any related delivery charges) you are ordering.
- Delivery costs – Great Britain and Northern Ireland. We offer multiple methods of a delivery, which the cost will depend weight and size of your order. We also offer a free collection service whereby you can collect your order from 158 Millbrook Road East, Southampton SO15 1JR.
- How we deliver. All products ordered through our website for delivery in Great Britain and Northern Ireland are delivered by standard delivery. Smaller items (such as accessories and spare parts) are generally delivered by post. Larger items are generally delivered by a third-party courier service. We will notify you which delivery method we will use when we send the Order Confirmation.
- Delivery times. Where the standard delivery service applies, we aim to get your purchase to you within two working days. For these purposes, “working days” are Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays as applicable in England, and “weekend days” are Saturday and Sunday. If you place your order before 19.00 on a working day, or before 15:00 on a weekend day, this period runs from the close of business on that day. If you place your order after 19.00 on a working day, or 15:00 on a weekend day, this period runs from the close of business on the next following day. We do what we reasonably can to meet the delivery times set out in this section. However, these cannot be guaranteed.
- Tracking your order. If your order is being delivered by courier you can track your parcel by clicking on the link in the email that we send you to confirm dispatch.
- Courier deliveries. Some courier deliveries must be received in person at the delivery address, and a signature may be required. Our courier delivery service providers may notify you by telephone or email in advance of attempting to make a delivery.
- Additional courier delivery attempts and collection. If an initial delivery attempt by our courier is unsuccessful, our delivery service provider may make one further attempt to deliver your products. If the second delivery attempt is unsuccessful, our delivery service providers will leave a card at your address, with instructions on how you may collect your product. Such instructions will include a time limit for collection.
- Delivery problems. If you experience any problems with a delivery, please contact us by telephone on 0238 0719 222. If our delivery service provider is unable to deliver your products, and such failure is due to your or your nominated recipient of the products unavailability at the delivery address or delivery otherwise proves impossible in circumstances that could not reasonably be regarded as our responsibility (we set out examples below), and you or your nominee do not collect your products from our delivery service provider within the time specified on the card left at your address, then we may agree to arrange for re-delivery of the products, providing that we reserve the right to charge you for the actual costs of re-delivery (even where the initial delivery was free-of-charge). An indicative list of the situations where a failure to deliver will be your responsibility is set out below:
- you provided the wrong address for delivery;
- there is a mistake in the address for delivery that was provided;
- the address for delivery is not reasonably accessible;
- the address for delivery cannot safely be accessed; or
- where in person receipt is required, there is no person available at the address for delivery to accept delivery and provide a signature.
- Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 2 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
- What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product’s correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product’s correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and if we so require, arrange for the return of any product to which this subclause applies at our expense but with your understanding of the situation and assistance in our being given the opportunity to collect the product
- When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with Mastercard, Visa and American Express via PayPal & Stripe payment methods. You must pay for the products in full before we dispatch them.
- Credit and debit card chargebacks. Credit and debit card providers may allow you to reverse a transaction on your card under a process referred to as “chargeback”. There are specified grounds upon which chargeback may be available, such as goods that are supplied to you not being as described or being defective, or non-delivery of goods. If you submit a claim for a chargeback which is not justified in the circumstances, then without prejudice to our other rights, you will be liable to pay us, within 28 days following the date of the chargeback, for the following amounts: (i) where products to which the chargeback relates have been delivered to you, an amount equal to any sum repaid by our bank as a result of the chargeback claim; (ii) the amount of any charges made to us by our, or your, bank or payment processor or card issuer in connection with the unjustified chargeback; (iii) all our other reasonable costs, losses and expenses incurred in connection with the unjustified chargeback.
- Termination. Without prejudice to our other rights, if you submit an unjustified credit card, debit card or other chargeback, then we may end the contract between us for the supply of the products in question, together with any other contract between us for the supply of other goods or services.
- Our goodwill guarantees. Please note, this clause 8, together with clause 10 reflect the goodwill guarantee offered by Taxi Shack Limited whose registered office is at 158 Millbrook Road East, Southampton SO15 1JR to our Great Britain and Northern Ireland customers. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. This goodwill guarantee does not affect your legal rights in relation to faulty or misdescribed products. Our goodwill guarantee is in additional to these legal rights. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizen’s Advice Bureau.
- Consumer Contract Regulations 2013. Please note that under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, for most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind and cancel the contract within 14 days and receive a refund.
- Right to cancel. The provisions of this clause 8 are more generous than your legal rights under the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013. Under these terms, we agree to extend the period within which you can cancel the contract so that you have 30 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the product(s) to cancel the contract, unless your products are split into several deliveries over different days, in which case you have until 30 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery to cancel the contract.
- Phone: Call Taxi Shack on 0238 0719 222.
- Post: Simply write to us at 158 Millbrook Road East, Southampton 2015 1JR, including details of what you bought, when you ordered it or received it and your name and address.
- Please be aware that we make different arrangements for return of products where you advise us that you have a complaint relating to any product we have supplied you with. When you contact our Taxis Shack on 0238 0719 222, we will explain how we will assist you in completing the return of the products to us.
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products including the right to receive products which are: as described and match information we provided to you and any sample or model seen or examined by you; of satisfactory quality; fit for any particular purpose made known to us; supplied with reasonable skill and care and, where installed by us, correctly installed; and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- In the event that we are unable to resolve a dispute, we are members of an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Scheme.
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the clauses of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
By using our websites, you agree that we can store and access cookies, IP addresses and use other methods in order to collect website usage data, and improve your online experience. This can include information about your use of our websites, the browser and device type you are accessing it from and where you are in the world.1) What are cookies?
If you wish to refuse to accept cookies or to delete cookies stored on your computer you can do so by altering the settings on your internet browser (for example, in Internet Explorer (version 9) you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block All Cookies” using the sliding selector). Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, but some will only allow you to block third party cookies.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on our websites.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate our websites; keep track of items in your shopping basket; and prevent fraud and increase website security. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our websites to recognise you when you visit; and keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of our websites.
Our payment services providers may also send you cookies. Please note that our cookies policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, the privacy practices of third party websites which may be linked to our websites.
(made and published pursuant to the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015)Organisational structure
Taxi Shack Limited, registered in England and Wales with company number 11976859, located at 158 Millbrook Road East, Southampton SO15 1JR, is part of the Radio Taxis (Southampton) Limited regional group of companies. The Radio Taxis Corporate Office is based in Southampton with operations regionally. Taxi Shack Limited retails taxi and private hire products online.Our approach to slavery and human trafficking
Taxi Shack Limited is committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in its supply chains or in any part of its business.
Shared core values are at the heart of the Taxi Shack’s business: they define who we are, how we work, what we believe in, and what we stand for. We understand the fundamental importance of ethical trading and are committed to earning the respect of our personnel, customers and suppliers worldwide.
This statement is made to affirm our commitment to upholding basic human rights and prohibiting forced or involuntary labour in the production of Taxi Shack’s products.
All personnel are expected to comply with our approach. We expect our business operations, our people and every company that we work with to conduct business ethically and legally throughout our global organisation..Training
To ensure a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains and our business, we provide training as part of on-boarding processes that emphasise business ethics. We expect our people to apply these standards in their day-to¬day business and report any issues creating concern on a confidential or anonymous basis at any time. These are underpinned by our Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy in our Employee Handbook.Continuous Improvement
As Taxi Shack continues to grow, we are committed to ensuring our integrity is not compromised. During the next financial year, we continue to focus on regulatory and social compliance.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 31 December 2018.
Chief Executive Officer
For and on behalf of Taxi Shack Limited